Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)'s Reviews > The Taming of the Wolf

The Taming of the Wolf by Lydia Dare

Nov 13, 10

bookshelves: historical-romance, werewolves, westfield-brothers
Read from October 31 to November 04, 2010

Dash is a Lycan - a werewolf - but he was raised to believe he was a monster. Not knowing the truth of his nature, he fought long and hard to repress the beast within, which includes sequestering himself at each month during the full moon. On one such night, Caitrin finds herself stumbling into Dash and the two are drawn to one another. They share a kiss and Dash bites (marks) her. After that, Caitrin quickly leaves. It isn’t until later that Dash finds out that he accidentally claimed Caitrin as his Lycan mate.

The Taming of the Wolf is a delightful historical, paranormal romance. The book was a quick read - although I sometimes stumbled on the Scottish accents. (After a while, I learned to just “translate” the words in my head rather than try to pronounce the brogue.) The romance between Dash and Cait is sweet and humorous at times. At first I felt that Dash too quickly went from swinging bachelor to wanting to marry Caitrin, but I enjoyed his emotional transformation from “what kind of mess did I get into?” to a sweet and enduring love for Cait. And yes, his alpha male tendencies did annoy me once and a while - treating Cait as a possession and never asking her, but telling her to do something. However, those traits melted away as his obsession turned to love.

Note: Although this is the fourth book in the series, it is an independent story and can be enjoyed without having read any of the other books.

My Rating: 3.5 stars: Liked it a lot - recommend (B+)

For my full review, please visit my blog http://twimom227.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Taming of the Wolf.

11/01/2010 page 13
3.0% "I think I'm going to enjoy this one! The mating reminds me of Kenyon's mates in her were-hunters."
show 1 hidden update…