Lindsay's Reviews > Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia

Oct 31, 2010

bookshelves: cover-lust, all-time-favorites, books-i-own, tear-jerkers, heart-pounding
Read from October 24 to 28, 2011

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Waiting one year for this book after reading Beautiful Darkness was absolute torture. October was legit the month where all my favorite original YA series came out. Beautiful Creatures, Hush Hush, well they started my love for YA and a bunch of other genres. And after FINALLY reading Beautiful Chaos...well I have to say that I was not disappointed.

When I first opened the book, I was a little confused with what was going on because it's been so long since I've read the previous two books in the series. But everything quickly came back when the plot picked up. Everything was an absolute nightmare in Gatlin because of the Order being broken. The plot in this book was very exciting and nerve racking, especially with all the drama going on which I loved.

Another thing I love in this book is Ethan Wate! After two books, he is finally without a doubt swoonworthy in this book. He has grown up so much and finally doesn't seem overtly feminine like he did in the last book. My heart just ached for him after all he had to suffer through, right up to the end but I know that he cared for absolutely everyone in the book.

I also liked Lena a lot more in this book. It was nice for a change to see a couple want to be together and fight to be together instead of apart or even better, go through a love triangle. Thankfully, they moved on from this stage. Lena also matured a lot and it was great to see how involved she was in the relationship. So much more than she was from the last book. I could really feel the love this time and it was great. :)

It was really great seeing more of some of my old favorite characters. Amma of course, although she was more emotional in this book than ever before but for good reasons. It made me heartbroken to see her so sad. I also liked seeing Ethan's dad a lot more, especially since he's becoming more of himself. It was a surprise not seeing much of Macon in this book and he seemed more grave about what was to come.

But of course, my favorite character...Link! My dear Linkubus! Holy cow, Link was so so so precious in this book. Watching him going through his changes was strange but he was still Ethan's best friend through it all, beginning to end. And he loved Ridley. At first, Ridley and Link had a cute 'I'm going to make you jealous' game going on but then it got old. And my heart absolutely broke when (view spoiler)[Link said he wanted to take her cross country, just the two of them, because he loved her. I got so mad when Ridley said no. I mean, its so obvious they care about each other that it made me mad when she wasn't willing to go halfway because of her insecurities. (hide spoiler)] But I have a feeling this will be resolved by the end. Fingers crossed!

I was also pleasantly surprised with the twist on John Breed, especially with all that happened in the last book. I also liked Liv a lot more, especially since she only wanted to be friends with Ethan and she had her eyes set on another...;)

Overall, I loved this book so much. The ending absolutely killed me. As it was approaching, I could not stop crying because of the characters who didn't get their happy ending. But at the same time, there's still a chance for a good ending with the way Kami and Maragaret left it. I don't want to have to wait another damn year to get this book but unfortunately, time machines haven't been invented yet. Can't wait to see how this series finally ends.

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Chaos.

Quotes Lindsay Liked

Kami Garcia
“I'll love you until the day after forever.”
Kami Garcia, Beautiful Chaos

Kami Garcia
“The mortal world is in a state of Beautiful Chaos and destruction, which will ultimately lead to an exquisite end.”
Kami Garcia, Beautiful Chaos

Megan I want to read this SO BADLY. Is it good?!

Lindsay ITS AMAZING! Megan, you need to get this book ASAP. I am almost done with it and I am just dying right now. Trust me.

Megan AWESOME. (:
Its defintely high up on my list of books to read REALLY SOON. <3

Lindsay Oh my gosh...I just finished reading this...you need to buy this asap. Then you can tell me how much you love it. Damn that ending...

Megan That's fantastic! I sure will! (:
I thought they were stopping at 3. Then when I found out a 4th one was coming I was like REALLY?!?! :D
Many people dislike this series, but personally it's one of my favorites! <3

Lindsay Many people may dislike this series but I know a LOAD of people who love this series. & oh my god I am so happy that there is going to be a fourth book! Because the way this book ended...there absolutely needs to be a fourth book. I am so mad I have to wait a year to read this. :( Ugh...but I do have some high hopes for the last book.

Megan I know a few too. (:
the 3rd and 4th book will be EPIC!
I'm sure of it.
& I HATE waiting a whole year in between books. :/

Lindsay Me too. This is one of the worst book waits for me. Gah, I could not stop crying after reading this! :(

Megan Same here.
I would do a book review on every single new release I read, as long as I could get them SUPER early. :)
It's sad?!?!

Lindsay Yes. It is extremely sad. BUT it sets up a lot of ideas for the 4th book and if Kami and Maragaret aren't evil, they might write what I'm thinking lol

Megan Well I love a good tearjerker every now and then. lol. (:

Lindsay I know what you mean. But it feels like lately, every book is making me cry. Its driving me crazy.

Heidi Lindsay wrote: "I know what you mean. But it feels like lately, every book is making me cry. Its driving me crazy."
I am glad somebody else has read this and can understand how I feel :)

Lindsay Same heid21! Didn't the ending just kill you?

Heidi yes it was heartbreaking the leading up to it...I am sure it will somehow be ok!

Lindsay Me too! especially since he said the line (view spoiler) I seriously think that's a hint for the next book, don't you???

Heidi Yes absolutely I agree about the Come bottle. I don't think Sarafine's story is done either. I wonder what will happen between Link and Ridley...somehow I think they will work it out. I am worried about Amma and her debt to the bokkar!

Megan ME TOO!
Most of the time i'll get emotional, but I won't cry.
Now EVERYTHING I read makes me cry at some point.
Sometimes they are happy tears though. :)

Lindsay @Megan Everything in books makes me cry too! Every single book now seems to make me bawl...especially this one.

@heid21 I'm glad someone agrees with me about the bottle. I just need to know. & oh yes, Link, my baby! Ridley better treat him like an angel! & yes, I'm worried about Amma...I hope she'll be ok. :(

Megan I like when books make me emotional, it means that it must have been dang good.

Heidi Lindsay wrote: "@Megan Everything in books makes me cry too! Every single book now seems to make me bawl...especially this one.

Megan wrote: "I like when books make me emotional, it means that it must have been dang good.
It was hard enough with Prue but if something happens to Amma. She and Link are my fav I love Ethan though and this book I finally liked Lena i kept complaining about her in my other reviews. I still think Ethan's dad needs more development. Link's mom cracks me up did you read Dream Dark?

I'm reading two other books after the one i'm reading now, and then i'm gonna read Beautiful Chaos for sure! :D"

Lindsay Good good good! Get on it ASAP! Both of you need to pick this up immediately! Then tell me what you think! This one is my favorite out of all of them I think.

Heidi Lindsay wrote: "Good good good! Get on it ASAP! Both of you need to pick this up immediately! Then tell me what you think! This one is my favorite out of all of them I think."
Yes this was the best so far. Looking forward to hearing from you Megan when you read this one. I am now going to read Iron Knight!

Lindsay @ heid21 OMG READ IRON KNIGHT! I just finished it and it was amazing! GO GO GO!

@ Megan, lemme know wut u think??

Heidi Lindsay wrote: "@ heid21 OMG READ IRON KNIGHT! I just finished it and it was amazing! GO GO GO!

@ Megan, lemme know wut u think??"
I promise I am starting it tomorrow!

Lindsay We must rave! God this book was...legit the perfect ending! Ash forever!

Megan I will! :D

Lindsay Megan, have you read the Iron fey series?

Megan I started the 4th one today! :D

Lindsay Gah, Megan I love you! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Megan Awww thanks! <3
I am LOVING it so far. Not that far into it though. i'm so busy. :\

Lindsay I know what you mean. But at least you are reading this amazing book. I have nothing until December and even after that...:/ I'm so stumped with picking up new books. I'm desperately trying to borrow from friends though.

Megan Yeah, its SO good. :D
THAT sucks.
Well, my local library is ridiculous.
The few books that I have been wanting to read FOREVER are ALWAYS checked out. So, I have to put them on hold which takes forever. :/
I bought The Iron Knight. <3

Lindsay I know what you mean! Except my library is worst than that! The newest books date back to 2007...and there's hardly anything in the library. :( I bought the Iron Knight too. Ash is just...absolutely amazing.

Megan Thats completely horrible.
Our YA section is super small. :(
On the plus side I am reading The Iron Knight as we speak since I have some downtime today. :)
I'm on chapter 4.
& yes I am completely in love with him. <3
the guy they used for him on the cover isn't too bad looking either. ;)

Lindsay Yes! I'm so happy they didn't use some creepy guy on the cover. Not exactly the Ash I imagined but still...;) yum yum yum. I hate how small YA sections are. I remember going to seattle and the libraries there were phenomenal! So many books it was spectacular!

Megan exactly! & yes, not exactly who I imagined either, but I'm not gonna complain! :)
They did a fairly good job with Puck as well.

We need kind of library!
I bet it's AMAZING!

Lindsay I don't remember the name of the library but it was amazing!!! At least I'm getting a kindle soon.

I wonder who they're gonna do for Ethan. I'm really excited to see what they do for that cover and her vampire cover.

Megan I have a Kindle! :D
& yes I bet that cover is gonna be AMAZING. (:

Lindsay What kind of kindle do you have? My dad my get me the kindle fire! :D I'm so so excited to read this new series. Have you read the excerpt of the new vamp series she has yet?

Megan I have the very first one. :/
I want a kindle fire though!
No, but i'm gonna read it after I finish The Iron Knight! (:

Lindsay Iron Knight doesn't come out till May though...:( And I have no idea when the Ethan one comes out. I mainly just want the kindle fire because it can hold so many books!

Megan Dont you mean the vampire book?

I saw that you have Blood Red Road on your TBR list.
I've read it, and its probably one of my favorite books i've read this year. If not my favorite. :D
SO GOOD.