Cindy Meilink's Reviews > Hypothermia

Hypothermia by Arnaldur Indriðason

F_50x66
Nov 08, 10

Read from October 31 to November 08, 2010

I received a free copy of this book from First Reads and I couldn't put it down. The pace of the story was perfect and Indridason's characters were wonderful.

Erlendur is an inspector with the Reykjavík police force who becomes intrigued with the case of an apparent suicide. Although nothing seems particularly suspicious, he cannot let the case go and methodically follows the threads of the case to see where they might lead.

While pursuing the leads on this case, he also recommences his work on two long dead cases of a young man and a young woman who went missing 30 years ago. The father of the missing boy is dying and before he dies, Erlendur wants to uncover the mystery surrounding the boy's disappearance.

With excellent pacing, Erlendur slowly uncovers the truth behind the suicide and the disappearances. This book is a great read!

Although I've never read any of Indridason's prior works, I was so impressed by this book that I will be reading his other books as well. I highly recommend Hypothermia!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hypothermia.