Kirsty (overflowing library)'s Reviews > Crossed

Crossed by Ally Condie

Nov 06, 11

bookshelves: review-books
Read from November 04 to 05, 2011

I was a huge fan of Matched. I loved the characters and the world built up around them. By the end of the book I was desperate to know what happened next and see where the story went next.

Crossed takes up the story directly where the Matched left off. The story itself is really a development of the Ky and his view on the world in which he and Cassia live in. You start to see the world from his point of view and after not being a fan of his in book one I really started to warm to him especially when you see the way he sees Cassia.

The thing I found most confusing about this book was the split narrative. I didn't think their voices were distinct enough so sometimes found that I forgot whose story I was reading and had to keep flicking back to check.

The story was very very slow. I felt that nothing really happened and spent the entire book waiting for something to happen and it just didn't which is were I felt it contrasted completely from the Matched. You definitely did get the line that the book was setting up something big for the rest of the series but I just wished something more had happened in the meantime.

In my review for Matched I described Cassia as a Kick Ass Character. I felt however in this book that she was very weak as a character and again I was left hoping and waiting for her to pull something out of the bag.

Don't get me wrong I do think the series as a whole still has the potential to be good and I like the ideas that have been set up. I really feel that this instalment really suffered from being the middle book in a triology but I'm still hopeful the story will be awesome.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossed.