Lloyd's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Vol. 10: What We Become

The Walking Dead, Vol. 10 by Robert Kirkman

Mar 27, 12

bookshelves: 2000s, comic-book-graphic-novel, robert-kirkman
Read on October 30, 2010

Here we are. Volume 10 of this series, wrapping up what has been five years worth of comics greatness.

This, another aptly titled volume, explores what has happened to our characters and "what [they've] become" as a result. (Readers of this review should note that the title of this book is incorrect here on Goodreads. Instead of "The Road Ahead", the title is "What We Become" as seen on the cover art above.)

But if you're not a fan of the story arcs where Kirkman delves into character development, worry not. There's plenty of excitement here. And maybe the most zombies we've seen in a while. While others have said they didn't enjoy this volume and that the series has gone downhill, I must respectfully disagree. In this volume alone, we've got examination of the human condition, plenty of strong character conflicts and interactions, and the action that's kept the series shocking and thrilling.

Yes, this series is still going strong, in my opinion. And writer Robert Kirkman (along with the amazingly talented artists who work on the series) shows no sings of letting up.

*-As noted above, the title of this book should be "What We Become" and it has 136 pages, not 436.

*-I read this book as single issues #55-60 of "The Walking Dead".
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Vol. 10.