Steve's Reviews > Edge of Sight

Edge of Sight by Roxanne St. Claire

Dec 05, 10

bookshelves: first-reads, received-from-author-or-publisher
Read from December 02 to 04, 2010

I don't regret reading this book, but I didn't really enjoy it all that much. Edge of Sight tells the story of Samantha Fairchild, a young woman working in a restaurant, as she witnesses the murder of a celebrity journalist and immediately becomes a target both for the killer and those that hired him. She contacts an old friend who she believes can protect her, and ends up running into her friend's twin brother, who she had a fling with before he left for war a few years earlier.

There was too much romance and language in this book for my taste, and the romance almost felt forced. There were situations that turned sexual when I felt that it made no sense. I also felt like Samantha's nature was extremely difficult to figure out. Just when I thought I was beginning to understand her character, something would happen that would make me think, "She wouldn't do that. What's going on here?"

As a thriller, my impression that that this story was put together fairly well. The other aspects I found lacking. If you're looking for a fairly decent thriller with some gratuitous romance thrown in and you don't mind some language, then this is a fun story. Otherwise, something else might be a better choice.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Edge of Sight.

12/03/2010 page 141