Bekah's Reviews > Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper

Nov 02, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads, to-book-swap
Read from November 02 to 05, 2010

I love sarcastic humor, I think that its hilarious and I think it's genius when done right. In my opinion in order for it to be done right, timing is essential. I was hoping to laugh more with this book than I did. Timing wasn't an issue here because Jane was sarcastic all of the time. It was hard for me to take the story seriously when in constant mode of sarcasm/humor. It wasn't what I was expecting which was really my fault. I went in with my own ideas about vamp stories. I wasn't prepared for a society where vampires are 'out' and shop at Walmart! Even more surprising for me was the way vampires were treated, they weren't necessarily feared so much as thought of as disgusting members of society who had to be tolerated. I was hoping/waiting for a big bad fearsome vampire with mad skills to come out, but I never got one! :-) I did have a few great laugh out loud moments, but in the end, for whatever crazy reason, I can't get into vampires with southern accents! :-)
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs.