Sara Hibbs's Reviews > The Rescue

The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks

F 50x66
Oct 30, 10

Read in October, 2010

The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks starts out with a tragic car accident which makes Denise Holton lose her mentally disabled son named Kyle, but luckily for Denise the perfect fireman, Taylor McAden, comes to the rescue to finds her son while saving her life. A couple of weeks after the accident Taylor and Denise run into each other at the grocery store and Taylor looks at Denise for the first time with out any blood on her face and finds out how beautiful she is. Their friendship gradually turns into a more serious realtionship, but there is a big secret that Taylor is holding. Will it ruin their relationship or will Denise ever find out?

This book is absolutely amazing and I am definitely a huge fan of Nicholas Sparks now. It’s one of those books where it’ll bring ever emotion out of you. Sometimes you won’t want to put it down. It talks about the heart warming moments in a marriage but then also bring out the negatives and how hard it might be. Nicholas Sparks does a great job on describing all the characters feelings, that it feels like you are reading right out of their diaries. I would, without doubt, recommend this book to anyone.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rescue.

Austin Miller Bella Vista Great review. The story's plot was well summarized without giving too much away.

message 2: by Latreese (new) - added it

Latreese Lovence I agree that Sparks has a way of writing that makes the reader exude nothing but emotion while reading. The way he manipulates imagery and describes a characters' thoughts is very descriptive. He manages to be very descriptive and manipulative with his writing without confusing me, too. He would form his sentences in a way that flows easily so that when I'm reading, it feels like I'm just watching the simple tasks unfold in front of me.
For example, the adorable anecdote that Taylor gave Denise on page 272 was so simple about a man named Joe who fell in love with a girl, who soon became his wife, and he would plant flowers for her as a testimony of his love. As Taylor was describing Joe's adventures, I was imagining an elaborate flashback as if it were in a movie scene due to Spark's nature in writing.