MJ's Reviews > Boy Meets Girl

Jan 28, 08

bookshelves: chick-lit, really-liked, idiots-ultimate-reading
Recommended to MJ by: The complete Idiots guide to the Ultimate reading list
Read in January, 2008

You might know the name Meg Cabot from the Princess Diaries series but this book is nothing like Princess Diaries. It centers around Kate who is working as an HR rrep for a New York Newspaper called The Journal. She has a horrible boss and works with her best friend Jen. Her boss Amy asks her to fire the most popular person at the Newspaper Ida (the desserts cart lady). Ida refuses to serves desserts to people she thinks doesnot deserve them (mainly Amy's boyfriend Stuart who is also cheif legal counsel to the paper). A wrongful termination suit is brought against the paper and Kate. Enter Mitchell, Stuart younger brother, who has a nice butt for a lawyer who is going to reprsent the company against Ida. The only problem is Amy agrees with Ida and is completely distracted by Mitchell and his strong shoulders, cute butt and nice lips. Whats a girl to do?

This book was a lot of fun to read. The whole thing is writen in the form of emails, IMs, phone messages, interdepartment memos, dispostions and Kate's Journal. There is even a section where Kate and Jen are in a meeting and they are writting notes back and forth on what appers to be the agenda for the meeting. If you have ever worked in corporate America or want a good laugh on how we communicate in todays electronic world. I highly reccommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boy Meets Girl.

Quotes MJ Liked

Meg Cabot
“So Uncle Stuart is marrying that lady? Mom says she's going to be our aunt Amy. She's okay except she would't try any peanut butter M&M chocolate chip fudge cookies. They were good- you ate five, remember? But she said she was on a special diet, and couldn't eat something called carbs. We told her we didn't put any carbs in our cookies, just M&Ms, but she said M&Ms were carbs.
Uncle Mitch, what's carbs?
email to Uncle Mitch from Haily and Brittany”
Meg Cabot, Boy Meets Girl