Trixie Fontaine's Reviews > People of the Lie

Oct 30, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: could-not-finish
Read from October 30 to December 01, 2010

There are things I don't like about this book, but I started reading it again because I own it and have no other convenient/available book in mind to address an issue of concern to me right now: why people are so shamelessly FUCKED UP, remorseless, and seemingly devoid of empathy with apparently no desire to be better or recognition that anything is wrong with them, even a little bit.

Once again I just couldn't continue when he starts in with the exorcism bullshit. Which in my placebo & ritual embracing mindset I supposedly can go along with a little ways, but in reality when it comes to reading this book I just can't keep reading it. I keep thinking I'm curious about it, but then I'm just NOT. He's just really smoothly full of shit in so many ways.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read People of the Lie.

08/12/2016 marked as: could-not-finish

message 1: by Jessaka (new)

Jessaka that is the same reason i read it. next comes Explaining Hitler and The Gulag Archipelagoa, but I doubt very much if there is an answer.

Trixie Fontaine Ahhh - thanks for the rec, Karolyn.

message 4: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Yes Peck is very FOS. Not many people call him up on it though

message 5: by Jessaka (new)

Jessaka Karolyn, that looks like a heavy duty book.

I think the sociopath that Peck is talking about was born that way. Nothing can be done about him. Peck had no compassion for a person like that, and I probably don't either anymore, although I have to feel bad for a person who doesn't seem to have a soul, a conscious, or any feelings for others. I hated this book.