Malynda's Reviews > Fated

Fated by S.G. Browne

Nov 15, 10

bookshelves: first-reads, favorites

“A quirky and thoughtful reflection on what it means to be human.” – Mario Acevedo

Exactly. Being human is complicated and this book examines many struggles that humans have to deal with everyday. It’s hard for me to describe this book, but, being as the synopsis is already included on this site, I don’t really have to go into a lot of detail. It basically revolves around fate, destiny, luck, karma, and other universal energies that may or may not have an impact on our lives, depending on one’s own beliefs. These energies are examined through a story with fate, destiny, luck, karma, etc. as characters, so this book is not boring. On the contrary, it has become one of my favorite books.

First off, I DESPISE the cover. There is nothing eye catching or creative about the cover, which turned me off a little bit; however, my love for the story changed my opinion of the cover a little bit. I love this book so much, because I actually relate to it, to the ideas. I can’t really say if I believe in fate or destiny, per say, but I do believe that everything happens for a reason. I’ve also had something in my life happen that could be considered fate or destiny, and this book really made me reflect on that. A lot of the questions I had were actually touched on in this book, so it AFFECTED me. The depictions of humans and these energies were accurate, as well, and the overall story was clever; it broke my heart and it made me laugh. I really don’t know how I feel about the ending, though. I do like it, but it really freaked me out. I was not expecting the twist, and if you’ve read this book, you probably feel a little grossed out, too, but I still like it. This book really made me think, and I’ll definitely be reading it many more times in the future.

Overall, Fated will leave readers wondering if they’re on the Path of Destiny or the Path of Fate.

Disclaimer: I won this book through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fated.