Suzette's Reviews > All I Can Handle: I'm No Mother Teresa: A Life Raising Three Daughters with Autism

All I Can Handle by Kim Stagliano

Oct 30, 10

Read in October, 2010

In writing All I Can Handle, Kim Stagliano does something that feels amazing - she makes me feel like someone else truly understands what I face as the parent of two autistic boys. Her very frank writing about the realities of raising autistic girls puts into words things that my husband and I go through constantly ("Having a child with autism is like a giant game of chess. You need to think several moves ahead to ward off potential problems.") I'm very tempted to give this book to several members of my family to give them a peek into what we are dealing with.

However, the book does feel like two different books in one. It is clear from her writing that Kim feels that there is a strong link between vaccinations and autism. She spends several chapters on this topic. While I fully respect her position, I was more interested in this book for her personal stories and observations. If I want a book about the potential link between autism and vaccinations, there are many others to choose from.

Great book!!!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All I Can Handle.