Adi (Reading in the Windowseat)'s Reviews > Web of Lies

Web of Lies by Jennifer Estep

Feb 20, 11

liked it
bookshelves: 2011-read-list, class-adult, genre-romance, genre-paranormal, lovehate-lovesong
Read from February 17 to 20, 2011

If you've read the first book, then you should appreciate this one. If you haven't tried these series and enjoy adult books with exquisitely well-woven plot, lots of unexpected turns, abundance of ass-kicking and the ever-popular superhuman factor of controlling the elements - then this is a read for you (though I'd recommend beginning with the first book).

Gin Blanco is developing - slowly but surely. I enjoyed her tough attitude and rooted for her throughout. Some of the situations she went through - I couldn't even believe she handled them, slipping like water between everyone who wanted to kill her.

This book made me hate Donovan Cane, though. The author made him such a pig-headed idiot that his character frustrated me and I was like: 'when is Owen going to come to the scene?' The new guy - Owen Grayson, seems more than intriguing; and his sister presents an interesting new factor.

I loved how with every next book Gin finds more about the true meaning of being an assassin in her town and how she uncovers more of the past of her mentor, his real motives for doing what he did.

Good read, truly. So I'm onto book three now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Web of Lies.

02/17/2011
02/18/2011
50.0% "Gin's the epitome of hardcore, and I do like the new intoductions - Eva & Owen Grayson, both have potential." 2 comments
02/18/2011
75.0% "Onto the part where our 'friendly neighbourhood assassin' goes for the kill..."