Prangon's Reviews > Happy Hour at Casa Dracula

Happy Hour at Casa Dracula by Marta Acosta

Jan 13, 11

bookshelves: vampire, fantasy, romance
Read from January 09 to 13, 2011

I relate to Milagro in so many levels that it was scary. Yes, I do think men are fabulous...hell I do check out men once in awhile. ;p

I really enjoyed this book. The progress between Milagro and Oswald and then there was Sebastian, Ian and of course Sam, all Milagro's love interest. From the get go I hated Sebastian's snootiness. He was attracted to her and he has issues admitting it because of their family backgrounds. He could have been a ideal choice for Milagro if he had stayed the sweet boy in college. But he didn't. That get's him out of the book for me.

Ian was somewhat preferable but seeing they don't entirely believe themselves as vampires, his actions were rather offensive. And he kindda got crossed out after the chest carpet part.

Oswald, now that is a man who had me captivated from the get go. Milagro's "infection" (as they call it) was from Oswald's blood. Their physical attraction was instant and they had a easy going flirtatious friendship going on the entire time.

Milagro gained a family of vampire that she never had. Fell in love, made some wrong decision and tried to correct them as she went. The lack of strong role model in her life leaded her to make those decision IMO.Her choice of friends in real life was few but those few did seem to be caring for her.

This book was snappy, fluffy and funny. Recommended to all who loves paranormal humor.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happy Hour at Casa Dracula.

01/09/2011
01/13/2011
72.0% "Bestie, why you need to tell me who the hero is and i lose all my interest after finding out he has a chest carpet! *shuddering*"
show 1 hidden update…