Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Navarro's Promise

Navarro's Promise by Lora Leigh

Finally, after a lot of Breeds books that all started blending in together, and where the heroines where getting a bit on my nerves, we get a decent Breeds story.

I would recommend you read the story included in the Primal anthology, because it does have some background needed in this one.

Mica was a very likeable character, strong, but smart heroine. She's Cassie's best friend, and a human who's grown up around Breeds. She's Dash Sinclair's goddaughter. And she's always had a thing for Navarro, wolf breed enforcer, who used to be an alpha of his own pack.

But they've both been tested previously and it was determined they weren't mates. He's even kissed her before, and mating heat didn't happen. But she wants him, she loves him. And even though Navarro fights it, he wants her too.

It was a refreshing new twist to the mating heat and matings in this series, and I'm looking forward to see how all this is changing and how it will reflect in new books.

Also the developments with Brandemore and Ely. I see interesting things coming up in this storyline.

I enjoy how Ms. Leigh always shows us bits and pieces of the old cast. I ALWAYS enjoy reading about Jonas!! I also liked the new breeds mentioned in this book, and can't wait for Josiah and Cougar to fall. And then there's Ely. I really liked her interactions with Jackal, so I'm hoping, since Jonas is a sneaky bastard, that Jackal will be her mate, and maybe she's been denying it. CAN'T WAIT!!!

And now onto the issue everyone has been talking about. Yes, there seems to be a chunk missing to the story towards the end. In my opinion, it doesn't detract from the overall storyline, it just seems like abrupt change from one scene and then to something else. However, other than that, there are still issues with editing in this book. Wrong names mentioned places, things like that. I really do wish that would get fixed as I find myself having to read scenes twice to make sure I understand the concept.

Other than that, I think this was a good book and I'm really excited to see where this series will go from now on. And Lawe is next right? I've been waiting for him to get mated for a long time! HA! It's going to be fun!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Navarro's Promise.

04/11/2011
40.0% "I'm actually enjoying that this is a bit different from the regular mating heat story." 4 comments
04/11/2011
61.0% "Ely & Jackal! Can't wait for their book... It's going to be them, right?"
04/12/2011
63.0% "That wasn't enough Ely and Jackal. I want more of them!" 10 comments

Pansy It was good. I was pleasantly surprised. I really do love the Breeds series . I hope she continues to write the books. Any word on where we can read the missing pages?

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) See? There's hope!!!! Lol I'm glad you liked it. It was a nice variation to where I felt the story going. I know she'll keep writing because she's mentioned stuff about Cassie's book. I haven't looked into where we could get the missing pages. It looked like tp me that we missed a sex scene. If I find out Ill let you know!

Pansy Just found out that the missing pages will be posted next week on Lora Leigh's website. I read the Maryse blog and she had it posted. It was the sex scene. Maryse's blog is www.maryse.net. I am going to post it on the What are you reading thread.

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) I knew that was all we missed! LOL But I wouldn't mind reading it. That's nice of her to put it up. Thanks!