MelissaB's Reviews > Texas Tycoon's Christmas Fiancee

Texas Tycoon's Christmas Fiancee by Sara Orwig

1320046
Oct 29, 2010

bookshelves: harlequin, christmas-romance, kindle, 2010-reads, did-not-finish

I can't do it. I just can't endure any more of this bad, stilted writing. I would swear this author is not a native English speaker if I didn't know better, the writing and dialogue sound like they were translated or something. The conversations did not sound like any person I know talks, people don't say things the way she was writing. I skipped to the end where the hero was showing his new daughter to his guy friends who were gushing that she was the prettiest baby they had ever seen. Dude - guys don't say things like that! So I quit another one. Sadly, I have enjoyed Native American historicals written by this author in the 1990's, so I have no clue why this was so bad for the four chapters I managed to try to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Texas Tycoon's Christmas Fiancee.

11/23/2010 page 40
21.0% "The conversations in this book are a bit awkward. People don't talk like this."

message 1: by Dina (new)

Dina It looks like we're both on a reading stump, Melissa. :(

message 2: by MelissaB (new) - added it

MelissaB I laughed when I saw you DNF one just as I was about to

message 3: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Hmmm I've read one of this author's NA books and I don't remember amateurish writing.

message 4: by MelissaB (new) - added it

MelissaB Her writing was pretty good in those NA books which is why I am scratching my head

message 5: by Quinn (new)

Quinn Oh, no! Another DNF!

message 6: by MelissaB (new) - added it

MelissaB It was bad and I wasn't in the mood to have every word be painful :)