Jill's Reviews > Little House on the Prairie

Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder

F 50x66
Oct 29, 10

Read in October, 2010

Laurel and I have finished this one too. She misses Pa's stories, as he doesn't tell them in the same format as in Big Woods. I edit out parts about fear of Indian Massacres.

And, I still love the story telling. If there is a scene that lives in literature for me, it is Mr. Edwards swimming the creek to bring Christmas, and all that the story illustrates to the adult mind about how children are valued.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little House on the Prairie.

Elizabeth We read every word, and when R asked what a massacre was, I deferred to Ma's statement that he'd learn when he gets older. I agree about Mr. Edwards and Santa Claus, that is a Great Moment in children's literature, and even the not-quite-5 year old was glued to that chapter. Those little heart-shaped cakes, too pretty to eat, brown on top and white on the inside! Not to mention the other goodies. The boys stopped to analyze the differences between that Christmas and theirs, but it didn't slow down the gimmes for long.