Alicia's Reviews > Power Thoughts: 12 Strategies to Win the Battle of the Mind

Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer

Nov 01, 10

bookshelves: read-2010
Read in October, 2010

Power Thoughts by Joyce Meyer is a follow-up of sorts to her previous book Battlefield of the Mind. This book takes the principles uncovered in Battlefield of the Mind a step further, providing a guideline for practical application of these principles to “renew your mind” and train your thoughts to fall into line with the Word of God. Joyce Meyer details twelve steps, or thoughts, to meditate on, along with scripture to focus on in the process of retraining your mind to turn from a vicious cycle of unhealthy thoughts to the kind of faith-filled thinking that moves people into God’s plans for them.

I really liked reading this book through the first time (and I will definitely be reading it several times more). I have never read Battlefield of the Mind, but thankfully this is not a sequel in the since that you can’t get into this book without having read the other one first. Joyce Meyer basically starts from square one for most people, and points out along the way different books that she’s already written that might be useful for more in depth study of certain topics.

I’ve always liked her simple, straight-forward style of writing, and it’s especially suited to this particular guide of twelve “power thoughts” to renew your mind. My favorite thoughts (and naturally, the ones I need to work on the most) are “I will not live in fear” and “I am difficult to offend,” but I know I need to work on all of them. Thankfully, this book is an easy way to do that. Joyce recommends focusing on each step for a week at a time, resulting a three-month process of going through the book, and then repeating the process over and over again to renew your mind. I read it the first time to familiarize myself with the steps, and I intend to follow Joyce’s recommendation. I’m looking forward to being transformed by the renewing of my mind (Romans 12:2).

I received this book free from FaithWords. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. ( http://ajoyfulltime.wordpress.com/201... )

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Power Thoughts.