Tommy's Reviews > Soldier Boys

Soldier Boys by Dean Hughes

Oct 29, 10

I read Soldier Boys by Dean Hughes and I was pretty disappointed. It is mainly about two young soldiers from the US and Germany who discover that the military isn’t as easy as they thought. They were looking for honor by joining but came back with a lifetime experience. I was disappointed with the amount of repetition that there was throughout the book. Most of the book was about how hard the war was and all the main characters did was wine and complain. In general, the main characters were really boring and they didn’t appeal to me very well.
When I first picked up this book, I was expecting an action packed thriller taking place during World War II, but it wasn’t as I had expected. This book had some action but I had hoped for more, although the action, even in moderation, was very well written and interesting. The ending was alright but I thought it was a little corny that the two main characters would end up meeting each other. I wouldn’t recommend this book to anyone unless they’re into emotional books that contain some action. In conclusion, I would give this book two stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soldier Boys.