Michael's Reviews > I Don't Want to Kill You

Aug 20, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: 2010, horror, humour, supernatural, serial-killers
Read from August 19 to 20, 2011

I’m a little sad to think the John Cleaver series is now over. I was really enjoying the socially awkward teenage sociopath and his struggle through high school. While the supernatural twist was a good one, I really wanted to know more about John and his struggle with others and teenage urges. I wonder if there are more books like this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Don't Want to Kill You.

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-11 of 11) </span> <span class="smallText">(11 new)</span>

message 1: by No (new) - added it

No Name Me too :/

Michael Have you found anything similar?

message 3: by No (new) - added it

No Name Knowledge Lost wrote: "Have you found anything similar?"

I want to find something similar :D The things I found were not similar enough for me and unfortunately I can't seem to place what all I found similar (all that they have in common is that they are all serial killer POV). Search for "the killer inside me" and then related books on sites Iguess.

Abby "I Hunt Killers" is kind of similar. and it's really great

Chip Try Charlie Huston's Joe Pitt or Henry Thompson books.

Emilyzzz I agree with Abby, I found "I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga" quite similar- but I still enjoyed John's story better.

[Name Redacted] Good news! He published a new novella set in this world as a lead-in for a new John Cleaver novel set to come out next year! :D

Michael Awesome

Michael Awesome

message 10: by Jem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jem Melendez The Devil's Only Friend is available now!

[Name Redacted] Jem wrote: "The Devil's Only Friend is available now!"

And boy does it get DARK. Which I appreciated since, oddly, the third novel felt like it ended on...well, not a happy note, but a note too happy for the preceding action. XP