Candi's Reviews > Sookie Stackhouse 8 Volume Set

Sookie Stackhouse 8 Volume Set by Charlaine Harris

Oct 28, 10

bookshelves: supernatural, kindle
Read in October, 2010

So I could list all these books separately, but they were so handy in the 8 pack on the kindle. It was so fun not to have to hunt around (read: wait at all) for the next book I have to review them this way.

Now as for the books themselves, I had so much fun reading them, it's like eating the crunchy Cheetos and drinking sugary Coke for my brain with the occasional doughnut. Only I never got sick of it, sometimes I feel like I have to take a break from the eye rolling (thank you Twilight), but I never felt like that with these books. Maybe because they are written for adults. Which also means there is sex, so be warned. However, the sex isn't THE major plot point like a romance novel, which would have been tedious.

I thought the first book was the weakest, so if you are just starting, hang in there Charlaine Harris really hits her stride by the third book. From then on I couldn't put them down.

I could write a longer review about how I really don't care if everyone thinks vampires are overdone and how I think amnesia is always a fun plot twist, but I need to go hunt down books 9 and 10...
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sookie Stackhouse 8 Volume Set.