Markz's Reviews > The Wild Blue: The Men and Boys Who Flew the B-24s Over Germany 1944-45

The Wild Blue by Stephen E. Ambrose

U_50x66
Oct 28, 10

Read in August, 2010

The Wild Blue Review
*****
“An awesome story of some of the bravest pilots I have ever read about”
By: Mark Zocco
The Wild Blue is a fantastic example of a classic World War II biography. The pilots and soldiers in these book are without a doubt some of the bravest ones I have ever read about. The author, Stephen Ambrose, told this story of a B-24 crew with extreme precision and detail. Ambrose was also able to make this book a spiritual experience. He manages to do this by really diving into each character and explain who they are and where they come from. He also manages this by telling the reader all of the characters back story and how they all came to be in the same plane together. When the crew was over Germany and were taking the action head-on, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time about what could possible happen next. The scenes that describe the crew and the plane itself are breathtaking and are nothing short of amazing. The battle action scenes in this book were stunning and made me believe that I was actually in the plane. I personally have read many of Ambrose’s books and I can say that this is some of his finest work. Out of all of his books, this is one of my favorite. Ambrose really know how to write a World War II book is pretty much all I can say about this fantastic author. I highly recommend this book to anyone that likes war books in general and especially if you like Ambrose’s other work. I also recommend any of Ambrose’s books to anyone and everyone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wild Blue.