Christina White's Reviews > Little Women

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Nov 16, 11

bookshelves: classics, favorites, historical-fiction, literary-fiction, love-stories, 5-star-reads
Read from October 07 to November 15, 2011

These little women came alive for me and I felt as if they were my own sisters. I cried with them, laughed with them and was outraged for them. The sorrow I felt for the loss of Beth was real. I loved all the little moral teachings Alcott sprinkled in and I am left feeling very thankful and optimistic about my life. I have my own castles in the sky, but think that whatever God's plan is I will end up as happy as the March women if I live my life as kindly! I fell in love with Laurie and since I most related to Jo I was green with envy over Amy's marriage. On reflection I can see that Jo really wasn't in love with Laurie and his marriage to Amy was just perfect. I didn't want the story to end and I still miss Beth. These characters will stay with me for a long long time and I hope one day to have a little daughter (or more) that I can share this book with.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Women.

11/03/2011 page 50
11.0% "I am LOVING this story.. I'm listening to it while I drive.. and it is so good I can't get out of my car when I get home!!! lol.. Going to have to figure out what page I'm on tonight and continue on my kindle."
11/07/2011 page 100
22.0% "This is just so good.. I have so many hopes.. I love Joe.. so so so so good." 2 comments
show 3 hidden updates…