Mariyamou Drammeh's Reviews > Fire from the Rock

Fire from the Rock by Sharon M. Draper

U 50x66
Oct 28, 2010

Recommended to Mariyamou by: My friend
Recommended for: People who want to learn about history in a fun and exciting way.
Read in October, 2010

Fire from the Rock was an amazing book! I picked this book because of the author. I read a lot of Sharon M. Draper books; she is an great author. Also my friend read the book and told me that it was amazing so I decided to read it. One thing I loved about this book is the author really makes it seem like I know this character as if it were a real person. It has a lot of feeling and really makes the reader understand what these characters have to go through. Well, I kind of expected it to be great and it was. It is a historical fiction and some of the events in this book actually happened in history. The author didn't make it like a boring old text book, but actually put life into the story that makes the reader connect to it. I am looking forward to reading more of Sharon M. Draper books and I might also look into historical fiction books. Historical fiction is a great way to learn about history but actually enjoying and understanding what these people went through. I loved this book. It's moving and powerful in a way that a normal textbook couldn't impact you. Just read the book; you'll understand.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire from the Rock.