Amber's Reviews > How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk

How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber

Oct 27, 10

Recommended for: Anyone who has or works with children!!!
Read in October, 2010

I wish I had read this book before having children. There are so many amazing tips in here, that my head is still spinning! I've always loved being a mom, but have felt at somewhat of a loss over how to deal with meltdowns, talking back, and being ignored. Even though I usually think parenting books are corny, I decided to give this one a try - it had been an especially trying day and it was like a beacon of light was shining down on it. I read half the book the first night, immediately put the tips into action (it does take some conscious thinking on the adult's part), and have been suspiciously surprised every since... the kids responded with this new way of talking/listening in such an amazing way that I almost feel like I'm in an alternate reality. All of the previous frustrations we dealt with (especially when getting ready for school in the mornings) are gone and I feel more relaxed than I ever have! Sooooooooooo thankful I found this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk.