Lilith's Reviews > The Dreamer

The Dreamer by Pam Muñoz Ryan

F 50x66
Oct 27, 2010

Read from October 27 to 29, 2010 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** Wow. This was a really interesting book--it was written in a very different style than usual, but it was different in a good way. The only down-fall is that it could have used a little bit "bigger" of an ending, but that didn't take away much. I loved that instead of making Neftali defeated and hopeless all the time, Pam Munoz Ryan really kept him hopeful, not in a "Oh yay, happy day, everything's always good and bad doesn't exist" obnoxious kind of way, but in a way that gave the book a positive outlook. I also liked that it wasn't a continued story, it was a string of events in Neftali's life, but Pam Munoz Ryan still managed to somehow kept the story flowing. I actually got the book the day it came out, then went to a writer's workshop with Pam Munoz Ryan soon after (I even got it autographed!!! :-D), but for some reason I just didn't want to read it and I found the first few pages *boring*. I guess it was kind of meant to be, because it kind of concurs with my life right now, which is cool. Anyways, I REALLY liked this book, and it is definitely worth reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dreamer.

10/27/2010 page 291
76.0% "I spent the day reading, as you might tell by the fact that I started it today and I'm on p. 291! :-D"