Elizabeth Briggs's Reviews > Married With Zombies

Married With Zombies by Jesse Petersen

Oct 27, 10

Read in October, 2010

Sarah and David have been married for five years and all the things they once found cute about each other have turned into annoyances they bicker about. They're trying to make it work, but things aren't getting better and they've both Googled "divorce lawyer." Then they show up for their weekly therapy session and their marriage counselor tries to eat their brains.

The way Sarah and David react to the zombies felt a lot like how my husband and I would react if it really happened: we'd freak out and then use our nerd knowledge to get by. Sarah and David are normal people dealing with crazy circumstances in the best way they can, while trying not to kill each other at the same time. They survive the zombie apocalypse using a combination of horror movie lore and advice from marriage counseling, and along the way they manage to work out their relationship issues too.

Each chapter starts with a bit of zombie marriage advice, for example: "Balance the workload in your relationship. No one person should be responsible for killing all the zombies." The pages race by with a combination of high tension, fast action, and laugh out loud humor. I started the book Sunday morning with my coffee, thinking I would just read a few pages. Then I finished the book and realized it was lunch time. This is one of those books that sucks you in!

This book is for adults and does have some gore and swearing. If you're a fan of Zombieland or Shaun of the Dead you will love this book! It has the same kind of humor with a touch of romance thrown in. Sometimes you just need a book where the hero kills a zombie with a toilet seat, you know?

I really hope they make this book into a movie, and thanks to the end of Married With Zombies I desperately want the next book, Flip this Zombie. If you're looking for a fun read this Halloween, you definitely should check out Married With Zombies!

Originally posted at: http://elizabethbriggs.blogspot.com/2...
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Married With Zombies.