Teena R.'s Reviews > What Happened to Cass McBride?

What Happened to Cass McBride? by Gail Giles

2037756
Oct 27, 10

bookshelves: mystery, young-adult
Read in October, 2010

If we are to speak about the quality of the book then it'll get 4 stars. But since Goodreads stars are about your feeling, I'd say 3.

This psychological thriller was told alternately by three points of view: Cass the victim, Kyle the kidnapper and Ben the cop who's looking for Cass.

The tension between Cass and Kyle is almost tangible. There's a claustrophobic sense when Cass was trapped underground and her only lifeline is the tiny breath hole and her kidnapper. Cass' cool and calculating thinking method was bizarre at first but when we learned more about her, it did make sense.

Kyle and David's story is very, very sad. It goes to show how strong the impact parents have on their children. The mom is evil incarnated.

I'm not sure what I feel about the ending though. It's rather...hanging there. What's real, what's not? I need to know!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Happened to Cass McBride?.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by apple (new)

apple another one of those 'inception' ending books? >o<

speaking of Goodreads stars..I gave 3 to Heart of Darkness and solid 5 to a book about an army of genetically-modified bloodthirsty gorillas..

Teena R. Yes, those kind of ending. But I'm much more happy with inception coz there's a closure of some kind while this one is not. I'm the kind of person who like tidy ending. ^O^