Nancy's Reviews > Bite

Bite by Sean Michael

Oct 04, 13

bookshelves: paranormal, werewolves, lgbt, erotic-romance, e-books
Read in January, 2008

Anton is a sexy alpha werewolf. Greg is the newly hired live-in chef. One glance at his baby blues, tattoo and goatee was enough to bring out Anton's "uncivilized" nature.

The first half of the book is a lot of repetitive sex scenes complete with biting, growling and rough play that lack excitement and tenderness, and very little plot.

The use of one-word sentences is too frequent and gets annoying after a while.

"Glowing. Eyes didn't. Oh. "There"".

There's a bit of humor, though. Anton's dominant nature and Greg's cockiness and independent streak often clash, ending up with Greg being the one who gives in. The story starts in the second half, when Greg's room is vandalized by a mysterious intruder.

More sex scenes follow. Too bad.

The story races along to a pulse-pounding ending that is so obviously a setup for a future sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bite.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shannon (Giraffe Days) "Glowing. Eyes didn't. Oh. "There"".

Hilarious!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahahahahaha

"The story starts in the second half, when Greg's room is vandalized by a mysterious intruder. More sex scenes follow. Too bad. Greg is a very talented chef and I would have liked to see more examples of his culinary expertise."

That's a great review. LOL

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan It's sad when you find yourself complaining that there is too much schmex and not enough story line, lol :)

message 4: by Nancy (last edited Feb 15, 2011 07:30AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nancy I just like to know what I'm getting into ahead of time. Sometimes I don't mind a lot of sex if the writing is good and the sex is hot. This book failed on both counts.

Bark's Book Nonsense "One glance at his baby blues, tattoo and goatee was enough to bring out Anton's "uncivilized" nature. "

Ah, nothing like a badly written case of insta-lust to kill a story. Sounds dreadful, thanks for the review.

Kwesi 章英狮 Most passionate cover ever! Hehe.

message 7: by Miriam (new)

Miriam with Greg being the one who gives in

Naturally! He's "the help" isn't he? I don't suppose the author bothered with any class/economic issues around having one's way with one's employees?

Nancy Of course not...that would get in the way of all the sex.

message 9: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Yes, it's sad how those real-life issues get in the way of all the sex.

message 10: by Nicci (new)

Nicci I'm so jaded. Too many sex scenes w/o a good story puts me to sleep. :-)