Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > City of Ghosts

City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane

This review was posted at Under The Covers

Dear Ms. Kane,

I finished reading City of Ghosts and I'm utterly speechless. This is one of my favorite books this year. I'll be honest with you and say that after I read book one I wasn't totally sold on the idea of a heroine with a drug problem, among her other issues.

After following Chess stumble across her life through the past three books all I can say is it takes a truly talented author to bring out so much emotion and the depth of connection that you've managed to achieve with your series. Downside Ghosts is dark and gritty, full of action, bad guys, tough situations and no easy way out.

City of Ghosts was a rough emotional ride for me especially with all the edge-of-your-seat action, heart-pounding, mouth-gaping, jaw-clenching moments, raw passion, thigh-clenching and shows a vulnerable side to all the characters. A lot of what made this book so amazing was the relationship between Terrible and Chess. First of all I can't say enough how amazed I am at the awesomeness that is Terrible. I just want him. And they both battled a lot of issues in this book. I suffered right along with both. I had no sides. They were both wrong, they were both right, and they both broke my heart. And they were smutty-good!

Another great thing about this book was the storyline. Nothing went as I thought it would. Well, with the exception that I always suspected of the certain someone that wasn't revealed until the end. Other than that I was left gaping at every turn and just thinking "Damn, would something just go the right way for once? Please!!!".

At the end of the day, this book had it all! I am even more in love with Terrible, I like Chess a lot, even though she still pops her pills. And I actually liked Lex ('cuz you know I wasn't such a big fan of his in the other books and you know why).

But could I ask you a huge favor? Could you write faster? I really don't want to have to wait until March now for the next book! I may sound like Chess now looking for a fix.

"You know I do, aye? Love you right, Chessiebomb."

Your newest fan,

Francesca

Theme Song:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Ghosts.

Quotes Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) Liked

Stacia Kane
“How the hell did people do this, this emotion-and-forgiveness thing? How did they stand these feelings? She could barely handle it and she had lovely, necessary, reason-for-living drugs to smooth over the rough spots. How did people do this shit sober?”
Stacia Kane, City of Ghosts
tags: chess

12/07/2011
38.0% "OMG I'm loving this book! I don't want to put it down." 8 comments
12/08/2011
47.0% "Damn! All of this for a pill!"
12/08/2011
53.0% "Ok. . . Deep breaths. . ."
61.0% "*heart breaking* This is hard. When will it get better?" 4 comments
12/08/2011
61.0% "OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG I need to take a break to unhinge my jaw, stop shaking and shuddering and get a box of tissues to wipe the tears and mascara that are now covering my face. A.M.A.A.A.A.A.A.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!!" 5 comments
12/09/2011
68.0% "Terrible it's ok, I'll comfort you!"
12/09/2011
75.0% "OMG Terrible don't make me come over there and slap some sense into you myself. Please let this NOT be what it looks like."
12/09/2011
79.0% "Damn damn damn please break the door, just break the door! Is it normal to cry during sex?"
12/10/2011
90.0% "Damn... just... damn!!!"
12/10/2011
99.0% ""I ain't... shit. I ain't liked it thinking you gone" *crying*"

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ Yay...i hope ull really like this one...its sooo emotional!

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ i cant wait to see what u say!

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) yeah. but will I like it?...and I of course would have to start with book 1.

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) There is romance or should i say some heartache. Yes book one. I would say you have to try. Cant say how you would feel about it.

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) ok. I'll revisit this book later. *muah*

Leigh WOOT!!!!!! I'm at 57%, and I am LOVING it!!! :)

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) U r close to tears then!! Lol its amazing!

Leigh Oh crap!!!!! Lol!

message 12: by Leeann (new) - added it

Leeann Damn Francesca, that's a helluva review! I'm adding this book to my TBR list right. Thanks again for helping me spend my hard earned money. Luv ya girl!

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks!! LOL Anytime you need help spending your hard earned money let me know ;) I struggled t6hrough the first book but I'm so glad I stuck it out because this book rocks!! Smooches!

~Jessica~I'm a Hoodie Ninja~ So you're saying I should keep reading then?.....hhmmm...only because you convinced me so

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yay!!!! That's what I'm saying.

message 16: by ~Jessica~I'm a Hoodie Ninja~ (last edited Dec 14, 2011 06:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

~Jessica~I'm a Hoodie Ninja~ at least I know I wasn't the only one that wasn't so.....impressed, if that's the correct word, by the first book. But because it's YOU my Fresca, I shall try!

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) It's not that I wasn't impressed with the first book, I was just put off with the drug issue. You don't expect that in a heroine.

~Jessica~I'm a Hoodie Ninja~ I think I just wanted her to be kick ass, and she kinda wasn't, because all she wanted to do was get her next hit. But the world itself is incredible!

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) In the next book she was better and in this third one she kicked some ass.

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: I LOVE this series! I agree..I really cant wait for Sacrificial Magic to come out! March is too far away. Dont u just love Terrible???

~Jessica~I'm a Hoodie Ninja~ okay! I'm really sold now! yay!

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: ~Jessica~I'm a Hoodie Ninja~ wrote: "okay! I'm really sold now! yay!"

lol!

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov wrote: "Dont u just love Terrible???"

I am in love with that man, I want him for myself!!!!!

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: LOL...Me too! Never have I read a series when the guy was first introduced as ugly then just wanna eat him up!

Merita Great review Fran!!!