Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Blood Bound

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs

This book was better than the first one! I actually cared about Mercy more. And, all in all, it delivered a pretty good urban fantasy story.

Adam claiming Mercy as his mate for pack politics? Great, if she would've kept going out with him past just a few dates. Now, the scene that got interrupted by his daughter.... That I wouldn't have minded reading a bit more about ;) Mercy talking to ghosts? That brought in some humor and a fun character. Mercy allowing Sam to kiss her? Twice?!!?!?! Gotta put an end to that. And wait... this is no longer a triangle? We don't need to add any more issues here, let's keep it simple!

Sam - He is still living with Mercy, he is growing on me, but more as a friend. I wasn't to thrilled with his original mentality of wanting Mercy because that was almost a sure ticket to getting kids. He is a good guy, and I admit he does love Mercy now, and genuinely cares for her, and I wish I could find a character that would suit him better. I was sad to read about his past history and his girlfriend losing his kid.

Adam - Where do I start? He is hot. He's all alpha, possessive, dominant, protective, and he should be more aggressive and forward with Mercy. Come on!!!!!

Stefan - What happens in this book threw me for a loop, specially at the end, once you read the book, or if you've read it, you'll know why. WHAT?!?!?!!? Anyway, he gets Mercy involved in all this vampire politics drama. I wonder if there really will be lasting effects... Vampire politics are a mess.

Warren - I was really sad about him getting injured. I'm glad to know he is more dominant than we thought, and that he gets back with Kyle in the end.

Mercy - I felt that she had more of a backbone in this story. She's growing, experiencing more things, and starting to feel more comfortable in what she can do. Just please give Adam a chance already! She played it smart, used the resources at her advantage, created a beneficial association with a cop that could help them in the future and at the end saved the day. She did good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bound.

12/23/2010
12/24/2010
18.0% "Adam is back!" 8 comments
12/26/2010
56.0% "Ha! Mercy singing Holy Night, how appropriate and so funny." 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Great review! Sam's story made me sad :(

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks!! I know! It was sad and made me understand him a little better.