Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Single White Vampire

Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands

I just finished this book and I have to say it was the funniest and cutest of the series so far, which is why I'm giving it 5 stars.

Lucerne is 600+ years old, and a bit of a grumpy old man. He's become a paranormal romance writer by writing the stories of his sister Luciana meeting and marrying Greg and his brother Etienne meeting and marrying Rachel. They are promoted as paranormal vampire stories, go figure!

He now has a new editor, Kate C Leever. He's never met her, but she's been writing to him to try to get him to do a promotional book signing tour, interviews, anything to promote his books. If he ever replies to her letters it's always along these lines: "Dear Ms. Leever, No. Lucerne Argeneau, Toronto, Canada."

After repeated attempts, Kate decides to fly from NY to Toronto and try to convince him in person. Her job my depend on getting him to do something.

I could tell this was going to be a fun book from the beginning when he's in the kitchen thinking to prepare tea and then get Kate to leave his house, and while he's drinking from his bag of blood with the refrigerator opened, Kate comes in, the bag rips, blood flies everywhere, he bangs his head, and she thinks he hurt himself. LOL Along these lines we keep getting memorable funny moments like: "Katie is trying to free his codpiece from the tablecloth, not him from his codpiece." or "You don't plan to go out and buy condoms, do you? You're naked!" and then he calls the front desk "Condoms, I need condoms" and ... "They have sizes?".

We don't get to see as much of the Argeneau family as usual. But we do get a glimpse of Etienne and Rachel's wedding. And at the wedding, when Kate finds the men outside by the car, they let her think that they were out smoking a "debbie" (they're all over 300+ years old, they don't know slang) instead of drinking blood.

Lucerne agrees, thanks to his mom misleading him, to attend the Romantic Times conference. This turns into a fun ordeal for Lucerne and Kate. He has to get over his grumpiness, and she takes the fact that he's a vampire very well (probably thanks to the books).

By the end of the story the make the cutest couple, and I just had so much fun reading their story. It never ceased to be entertaining. There wasn't much drama, action, or danger. Actually there was even less than in previous books. Just one random attempt to stake him. So I would classify this more as a humor contemporary paranormal romance. If you're into that and want a break from reading serious books, you'll enjoy this one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Single White Vampire.

12/27/2010
17.0% "These two are just funny. Lucerne is so grumpy!"
12/27/2010
17.0% "These two are just funny. Lucerne is so grumpy!"
12/28/2010
67.0% "Katie is trying to free his codpiece from the tablecloth, not him from his codpiece. LMAO!" 3 comments

Kirsty~Vhixen i LOVE my Argeneau vamps. Lucern's was one of my fave through the whole series. at the table, getting stuck was one of my favourite bits. and he writes hot vamp books...what's not to love. Margerite makes me laugh as the books go on aswell, she's so funny.

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) I found myself missing her in this one, not enough of her!

Kirsty~Vhixen lol. yeah i know what you mean...until her book (which is about 9 i think) she's not in it much. she's such a funny woman though. she needed more page time for sure.

Katie This is my favorite one. It is also the first one I read. Although I think the funnies scene of this seris comes in one of the next two books.

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) Well, I'll be looking forward to reading it then Katie ;)

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Catherine This was definitely my favorite of the series!