Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Rode Hard, Put Up Wet

Rode Hard, Put Up Wet by Lorelei James

This book focuses on not one, but two couples. I can only say that I enjoyed it, but about as much as the first one. It still didnt have that "I can't put it down" vibe for me.

Maybe its because I had some minor issues with the story: Cash didn't feel like he was all that interested in his relationship with his daughter until almost the end, at least he didn't show ut. He bullied his way into Gemma's bed! He could've seduced her better than that!! And don't get me started on Carter's art f**k up. How could he think what he did was acceptable?

Other than that this book was smoking hot. There is a threesome, but in my opinion it was out if place and unnecessary as it makes everyone feel awkward at the end. And it just reminds me that Trevor really does love Edgard.

The McKays are all amazing and I can't wait to read Keely's book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rode Hard, Put Up Wet.

01/26/2011
48.0% "Im not feeling these characters. I thought I would like Gemma better."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by AH (new)

AH I keep putting off reading this series. I read the first book and was unimpressed, but everyone says how wonderful they are from the 3rd or 4th book on. I guess I'll have to revisit the series when I need a cowboy book for a book challenge. Great review, Francesca.

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) Thanks! Yes, use this for a cowboy challenge! I'm onto book 5 next. The first 2. . . Not sooo great but not horrible. After that I've been enjoying them a lot. You have to read them!