Dina's Reviews > Roped

Roped by Ann Jacobs

1918270
Jan 22, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, erotica-romantica, ebook, bdsm, novella, to-blog
Read on January 21, 2011

Ugh, I hated this book. I didn't buy Jared and Ninia's "love" - he was just another injured soldier who fell "in love" with his nurse and she wasn't exactly over her deceased husband, IMHO - and their BDSM plays didn't work for me. On the bright(?) side, I did learn how to do the karada bondage because Ninia loved to be tied that way and taught Jared how to do it, but I doubt that info will ever be useful to me, LOL.

It wasn't easy to find a SFW pic to illustrate what the karada bondage looks like. This is the best I could do:

Photobucket

So, how do you like it? Notice how the little subs' arms are tied behind their back. Does that feel like fun to you? ;)

Overall, this story was a huge disappointment to me. The writing failed to engage me, I didn't connect with Jared and Ninia, and the sex scenes were out of my comfort zone: I'm not into 24/7 Master/slave relationships, I can't stand pain in the bedroom (or in the dungeon, in the club, wherever) and I don't like ménage. And since when is it hot to have your head shaved completely bald by your Master?!? *runs away screaming*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roped.

01/21/2011
0.0% "Friday Night Smut!!!" 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Hair, as in her head shaved? Or body? Yikes. Remember, there's a fetish for everything. Did you see those pics of octomom on TMZ? I wanted to bleach my eyes after viewing.

AgentScully Oh yeah she liked him to shave her head bald cuz her scalp was extra sensitive or some such blather. Ugh, brings back bad memeories!

***runs away screaming after Dina***

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine He shaved her head? Okay...odd...

message 4: by AH (new)

AH Catherine wrote: "He shaved her head? Okay...odd..."

What she said ^^

message 5: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina She asked him to, because her scalp was one of her erogenous zone. Go figure.

message 6: by AH (new)

AH Have you read Cherise Sinclair's books? She writes BSDM well.

message 7: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina I've read three: The Dom's Dungeon (5 stars), Club Shadowlands (2 stars) and Master of the Mountain (3 stars). As you can see, my impression on those books was quite diverse, so I don't know how I feel about her writing yet. I'll keep trying. :)

message 8: by Rane (new)

Rane O_O *hides while holding her hair*

message 9: by Auntee (last edited Jan 23, 2011 09:22AM) (new)

Auntee "since when is it hot to have your head shaved completely bald by your Master?!? *runs away screaming*"

**Runs away screaming after Dina and Scully...**:O

Ann Jacobs seems to have a thing for shaving the subs head. I stopped reading her Gridiron Lovers series because the next book up, Sackmaster, dealt with a dom who liked to shave his sub's head. Eek!
Sackmaster (Necessary Roughness, #1) by Ann Jacobs

Dina, I tried to give your review a "like" vote, but something weird is happening here at GR--things are not clicking properly. I shall return!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I LOVE that picture!!!! LOLOL

message 11: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina Thanks for the warning, Auntee. This was my 1st book by AJ so I wasn't familiar with her penchant for bald subs, LOL.

message 12: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I LOVE that picture!!!! LOLOL"

It wasn't easy to find it. I especially like the fact that all the little subs are bald, LOL.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 14: by Auntee (new)

Auntee That's so much better than what I found...*shudder*

message 15: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina Oh yes, Auntee, I know what you found - the pics Google shows when we search "karada bondage" are scary. Yikes!

message 16: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB Note to self: don't read these books.

Thanks for the warning Dina!

message 17: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina Melissa, you should know you have this and the next two books in the series on your Kindle. Be careful! ;)

AgentScully It's a series? Ugh!

message 19: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB Ahhh I think these were a "gift" I acquired at some point, I don't think I paid for them so I don't feel compelled to read them.

message 20: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina AgentScully wrote: "She's the same author who wrote the Robot smex I read and now can't get out of my brain."

Ack! I'm afraid she's too "unconventional and creative" for me. I only hope I remember than if I come across another book by her in the future.

message 21: by Dina (last edited Jan 23, 2011 05:54PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina MelissaB wrote: "Ahhh I think these were a "gift" I acquired at some point, I don't think I paid for them so I don't feel compelled to read them."

Were they from Holly? I can see that crazy chick - and I say that with love - enjoying these books, LOL.

AgentScully I've read 4 (4!!) of her novellas before realizing that she's just not for me.

What can I say? I'm a sloooow learner.

AgentScully I miss that crazy chick!!

message 24: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina Ouch, Scully! I feel bad for you.

message 25: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina AgentScully wrote: "I miss that crazy chick!!"

Me too!

message 26: by MelissaB (new)

MelissaB Dina wrote: "AgentScully wrote: "I miss that crazy chick!!"

Me too!"

Indeed I think that was the source. I miss her too.

message 27: by Auntee (new)

Auntee You know, she does have some good stuff out there (A Mutual Favor,Lawyers in Love: The Defenders, The Prosecutors, Sandstorms, Naked Bootleg, Forward Pass, Hot In The Clutch, Coach Me)...whoa, I've read a lot of Ann Jacobs! But she does have a lot of kinky, bdsm type books too.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Auntee wrote: "But she does have a lot of kinky, bdsm type books too. "

Sign me up!

message 29: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina Thanks for the recs, Auntee. I'm not sure I want to give her another try, but I'll think about it. :)

AgentScully Yeah, pretty sure I'm not trying her again.

message 31: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay Head shaved? I'd run, too, Dina. Great review.

message 32: by Dina (new) - rated it 1 star

Dina Thanks, Lisa Kay! Having your head shaved is the thing nowadays, didn't you know that? Ack! ;)