FabulousRaye's Reviews > The Egg Said Nothing

The Egg Said Nothing by Caris O'Malley

Nov 21, 10

bookshelves: 2010, books-i-own
Read from November 19 to 21, 2010

For the past couple months, I've followed the author's reviews on Goodreads. I was pleasantly surprised to find out he was one of the 2010 NBAS candidates.

I enjoyed the story. A paranoid, shut-in, man laying an egg is a great premise. Some of the lines in it were funny enough for me to file them away for later use. My favorite was "Go fuck yourself with an ice pick!)

I really liked the relationship between Ashley and Manny. Though, it seemed a bit rushed. The dates they went were ridiculous in a John Waters way.

My only minor issue with the book, is that if I didn't know better, I would have thought I was reading a Chuck Palahniuk book. It has a very strong Palahniuk vibe to it. This isn't a huge complaint, I am a fan of his. I wanted more of O'Malley's voice in it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Egg Said Nothing.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caris (new)

Caris I'm glad you liked it. And thanks for the criticism. Chucky P. is great, but he's like a poison. His narrative style has definitely forced its way into my writing. I'll be sure to have the bastard's voice exorcised from my future efforts. Unless he's stronger than I am...

FabulousRaye He is rather insidious, isn't he? I have faith that you can take him!

message 3: by Caris (new)

Caris Thank you. I've contacted several religious officials to get a multi-denominational exorcism under way (just to cover all bases) and had my lawyer send his lawyer a cease and desist order. As long as he doesn't write anything else, we'll be golden.