Coleman's Reviews > Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs

Inbound Marketing by Brian Halligan

Nov 01, 10

bookshelves: nonfiction, productivity, business
Read from October 26 to November 01, 2010

This is a good reminder, to web geeks like me in particular, that most of the target market for most products isn't as web savvy as we are. I nominally "know" all of the things mentioned in the book, but it truly drives home the stuff that is the real meat of web marketing (and any marketing, really): how to channel a barrage of web traffic from leads into paying customers.

Simply designing your site around SEO concepts, knowing how to use Twitter/LinkedIn/Facebook, and isn't going to net you the number of customers you could potentially net by following through on some of the suggestions in Inbound Marketing. Nurturing the lead -> prospect -> customer path appropriately is how random Google searchers turn into paying, satisfied customers. Most of us "know" that this is how it's done, but this remains a good reminder that these tactics are becoming necessary for success.

The only negative I would dredge out about this book is it's glossing-over of the absolute requirement of remarkable content and clear product vision. To be fair, this book doesn't purport to be the answer to your product's strategic goals, or a lesson in how to write content, but I think continuous mention of those requirements would help harness even more power from social networks and SEO.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inbound Marketing.

Mike This sure sounds like a blog post.

Coleman Mikehapner wrote: "This sure sounds like a blog post."

Yes it does :)