Kristi-The Book Faery's Reviews > Nevermore

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

What can I say! Nevermore has it all!

Poe, whom so many don't have a great understanding of, is explained so beautifully by Ms. Creagh, in such a way that it's not the tedious high school project but the brilliant and hauntingly dark writing that it is.

Isobel is the girl who has it all; she sits upon the top rung of the high schools ladder of social hierarchy yet manages to be a strong compassionate person despite her popularity. Varen, Goth boy extraordinaire is thought by Isobels crowd to be a freaky weirdo who wears guy-liner but Isobel finds him to be compelling, intelligent, sexy and mysterious despite their differences and the grief she gets from family and friends over her relationship with him.
There are some scary otherworldly baddies along with an eerie dream realm that caused me a bit of confusion at times but it didn't really take away from the book that much.

Isobel Lanley + Varen Nethers brings a combustible mixture of two wildly different backgrounds that give hope to us all that it's sometimes those extreme differences that can bring two such varying people together. The relationship is explored in a realistic way, not in the 'love at first sight-you must be mine forever scenario that seems so prevalent in today's PNR books.

This book combines so many terrific elements, keeping me turning pages well into the night; at times I was frightened, hopeful, intrigued, scared, happy, etc... the whole gamut of emotions.

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh is, indeed, a fantastic dark horror story that is haunting and loaded with suspense, mystery, love and hope.
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nevermore.

message 1: by Gareth (new) - added it

Gareth Mottram Hi Kristi

I keep catching sight of this book - being persuaded to give it a go. Just sent the free sample to my Kindle (I so need to get out more!)

Kristi-The Book Faery LOL, I read it on Kindle, as well.
The book is a great read; eerie, dark and compelling. I couldn't put it down.
I hope you enjoy it, Gareth!

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly I so need to read this. I dislike the cover, and I think that's been putting me off, but as of today it's going on Mount TBR.

Kristi-The Book Faery Oh, Kelly, remember the old adage 'Never judge a book by it's cover'? LOL!
This book was very good, in so many different ways. I truly think you'd enjoy it!
If it wasn't on my Kindle, I'd send you the book myself!
LOL @ your TBR pile; mines getting up there, too!

Kristi-The Book Faery Actually, looking at the cover, it is kind of a turn off :O] the guy is kind of ugly and surly looking and the girl looks kind of intimidated by him, like she can't look him in the eye.
Well, like I said, Cover-Judge, yada yada yada :O]
I really do think you'll like it.

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly They just look like an Abercrombie ad to me. ;) But I've heard enough good things about this book that I feel I need to give it a chance!