Ridley's Reviews > Another Man's Baby

Another Man's Baby by Kay Stockham

Jul 26, 2012

bookshelves: ebook, 4-star, contemporary, read-2012, category-romance, hqn-superromance
Read on July 26, 2012

Sometimes it happens that an author's voice is just so compelling that it can take the craziest set of plot details and spin a story I cannot put down.

This was exactly what I wanted to read today. It had perfect pacing, well-rounded characters and fabulous sexual tension. A too-cute small town, the hero's overeager, super-welcoming family and a two-dimensional villain knock a star off, but I didn't realize these things even annoyed me until after I was finished reading. I was so transported that the Curmudge-O-Meter stayed silent throughout.
7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Another Man's Baby.

07/26/2012
29.0% "This is much, much better. The pacing is perfect. Couldn't put this down if I tried." 2 comments
07/26/2012
53.0% "This reads like the author was issued a dare. "Betcha can't work a heroine in distress, a pregnant heroine, close quarters, class differences, small-town politics, an other woman AND a love triangle into a single book."" 1 comment

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer I love the idea of the Curmudge-O-Meter. I'm picturing this gauge implanted in your brain that revs up like a car.