Annie McElfresh's Reviews > Clockwork Angel

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Oct 30, 10

Read from October 25 to 30, 2010

Okay, okay so you've caught me. I have never read The Immortal Instruments series, but decided to read this one anyway because I say that Ms. Clare said you didn't have to read it before reading CLOCKWORK ANGEL to be able to follow along. With that being said, I can't say if this novel, being a prequel and all, is better or worse that the original series, but I will tell you I loved this novel. It was fast paced and the characters were witty, especially Will. TEAM WILL here all the way! Tessa had her moments when I didn't connect with her, but she somehow found a way to redeem herself and draw me back in.

PLUS I love when characters have a quest to go along with learning about their supernatural powers. That always makes for an awesome read.

The only thing that keeps this from being a 5 star read for me is it is written in 3rd person. But, that's a personal nitpick I have because I'm a 3rd person snob. Very few books written in 3rd get an "I love this book" from me. This one was pretty dang close though.

Read this if you like supernatural creatures set in a different time period on a great quest!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Angel.

10/30/2010 page 479

Mindy If you liked Clockwork Angel, then you HAVE to read The Mortal Instruments. I am in love with Jace. I actually had a dream about him...don't tell my husband. LOL

Annie McElfresh I actually bought it after I read this one, I just haven't read it yet. BUT I'm making my way to it. :)