Larissa's Reviews > Rogue Oracle

Oct 25, 2010

Read in January, 2011

Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life

Rating: 3.5 Stars

*contains MINOR spoilers if you haven’t read Dark Oracle.

I was so very pleasantly surprised by Dark Oracle back in 2010, that I couldn’t wait to read the second book in the series, Rogue Oracle. I have to say that not only the cover of this sequel is a million times better than the first, but Rogue Oracle has definitely met most of my expectations.

After the events of Dark Oracle, Tara has been living at the farmhouse that is the headquarters of the Daughter’s of Delphi and being a mentor to Pythia to be, Cassie. The only reason Tara hasn’t left yet is Cassie, because she is more than sick and tired of Amira’s underhanded and dubious methods of training Cassie to be the next leader of the Oracles.

Not only that, but Tara has been feeling the separation from Harry Li. After finding each other in Dark Oracle, Harry has been away for work for the past few months and the distance has seriously damage their new found relationship.

When Harry shows up while Tara is doing some freelance work, to ask for help is a weird case, they find themselves thrown together on the track of a monster neither has ever encountered before and discovering that they need each other much more than they thought.

I really enjoyed the plot of Rogue Oracle, it was creepy, scary and definitely kept me interested from start to finish. The only that bothered me in the novel was that I needed more dialogue, communication between Harry and Tara. I kept waiting for a moment where they would get to talk and solve some things between them, but it never came.

I mean, it felt like their relationship was dealt with in a very subtle way. Don’t get me wrong, subtle is good, but it was too subtle for me perhaps. We as readers got to see into each of their minds and see how they felt about each other, but I missed a moment where they actually said those things to each other.

Regardless of all that, I felt that Rogue Oracle was a great book, but sort of transitional for the series. There is much that was a build up for the future, Cassie’s role as the Pythia and the introduction of new characters, which I loved btw. I want more of this series! Alayna write such interesting villains and plots that you can’t help but be captivated. I can honestly say I’ve never read the kind of plot she writes in Urban Fantasy before and that is awesome.

If you are an Urban Fantasy lover like me, you should totally give this series a shot, but please read Dark Oracle first, you won’t regret it!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rogue Oracle.

01/08/2011 page 111