Cristin's Reviews > Red Seas Under Red Skies

Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Lynch

142079
Oct 25, 2010

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, favorites

Scott Lynch, in my opinion, is an author to keep an eye on and an ear out for. This dude is smart, funny and obviously has a massive imagination.

It was after this, the second in the Gentlemen Bastard series, that I was hooked. I was devastated to learn, after searching for the third installment, that the book is not set to be released until 2013. I'm hoping the recent reports, stating that it will actually be released in autumn 2012, are correct. I'll definitely be looking forward to devouring the upcoming "Republic of Thieves"

I'm attached to Locke Lamora and Jean Tannen. I'm in love with the world Lynch creates. It's definitely got a crapload of heart and is an exquisite nod to honorable thieves everywhere.

I've got to flesh out this review to do this world justice. It's so beautifully crafted and well worth your time-- I'm a fan of the fantasy genre-- not particularly adventurous in that arena...but Lynch is the type of author who makes me want to explore and unearth more rollicking gems like this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Seas Under Red Skies.