Darcy's Reviews > Dark of Night

Dark of Night by Suzanne Brockmann

Oct 30, 10

bookshelves: 2010, audio-book, 2011, private-security-investigator, romance
Read from October 25 to 30, 2010

I didn't realize this book was part of a series, when I started it, but right away in the first disc was sucked in and I had to find out what was going to happen. I think had I been reading this from the beginning I would have rated this book higher.

We have a big cast of characters, I had thought this book would revolve around Dave and Sofia, but while they were a large part of it, it seemed like they were more in the beginning and the end. But that was ok because another surprising couple took the center. It seemed like everyone including the couple found their pairing to come out of left field. I really liked their chemistry and their ability to play together, their conversations had me cracking up, especially when they started talking about sex and how what you liked isn't wrong as long as you find someone who likes the same things.

With no big surprise I was able to figure out the ending but that was ok, I enjoyed the journey to get there. I am now planning to go back and start with #1.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark of Night.

10/26/2010
13.0% "Starting disc 3"
10/26/2010
33.0% "starting disc 6"
10/27/2010
60.0% "Starting disc 10, love watching a big tough SEAL acknowledging he likes BDSM, but only as the sub."
10/28/2010
90.0% "Starting disc 13"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Darcy I didn't realize it was so far into the series, but had the first disc finished when I did and liked the story so decided to keep listening to it. I will have to go back and read/listen to the others.

Darcy Yeah, sometimes you just have to break up with an author.