Brianna Warnick's Reviews > Scribbler of Dreams

Scribbler of Dreams by Mary E. Pearson

Jan 05, 2011

did not like it
Read from January 04 to 05, 2011

the only plot is the romance. When there were other conversations, or activities the main character was doing, it was just summed up really quick in a paragraph. So you didn't get to know other characters. It also seems like rushed romance. She saw him, they talked like twice then were suddenly "in love". her friend said she "had the hots" for him. and she says "no it's not like that its REAL". which sounds so lame! because the only reason she did start hanging out with him is because he was hot. she lied to him the whole time too, which is not "real" love. the whole fight between their two families was unrealistic. hate between two specific families would not carry on for hundreds of years, especially over something like a sister getting pregnant. which in the book Kaitlin calls "treachery". That made me laugh. Malone vs. Crutchfields is suspiciously close to Montigues vs. Capulets, which is sort of cheesy. They shouldn't love each other at all, because THEY'RE RELATED. I also predicted exactly how everything would go...so that's not a good sign. Altogether...i'm disappointed and wish i hadn't wasted my time on it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scribbler of Dreams.