lyell bark's Reviews > Yes

Yes by Thomas Bernhard

Oct 25, 10

this book is pretty cool??/ the title + ending + the slog thru the damp miserable forest with the persian woman sort of sets up the book as a parody/response/whatever 2 the final chapter of ulysses, which i think it is, because i'm hella smrt and cool. reminds me of correction mostly, and the loser sort-of. some funy bits were imho our narrator/monologist crouching for an indeterminite time on the floor, locking all his manscripts and notes in his attic because he can't bear to look at them, and his rant at his pal moritz begining with "neither schoppenhaur or schumman", which is all we get of the rant to. cool. things were looking a little to bright for our boy about 60 pages in but fortunately the affrimation of the title is in fact affirming negation/annihilation in proper berhard style.

newayz i think i prolly rank this one right below correction and the loser as the best berhard novel i've read and i've read allot of them because i'm a miserable fat misathrope, hed 2 yr liberry 2say. also you could probably finish it in 4 or 5 hours,,,? okay, bye.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yes.