Kristen's Reviews > As I Lay Dying

As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner

Apr 29, 11

bookshelves: fiction, own
Read from April 23 to 27, 2011

My first Faulkner, and it was horrifying while reading it and hilarious afterward.

I'm debating between four and five stars. Goodreads, you lying bastard, you promised me 1/2 stars for so long now that I don't even want half stars anymore, I want percentage rantings, this book gets a 93.7% . . . or alternatively I want only three ratings: bad, OK, and good. Man that would take the pressure off of rating books.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As I Lay Dying.

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Kristen Who said anything about a review?

Kristen I just don't see the point in writing reviews anymore. Yes, this book is fucking awesome but what am I possibly going to say about it that hasn't already been said?

Kristen Will do. I'll defiantly be reading more Faulkner, I can't believe I've put him off for so long.
I already own Absalom, Absalom and Light in August, I'll probably read the latter soon.

message 5: by Blake (new)

Blake My reviews are good though. Not just good, but excellent. Not just excellent, but transcendent. They're like the platonist's abstract objects. All good reviews are spatiotemporal instantiations of my good reviews.

Kristen It sure is easy to write reviews when you only read two books a year.

message 3: by Blake (new)

Blake Hey! I still have over half the year yet. I can at least get to four. ;p

Kristen Well I already own that one, so we'll see . . . not that I'll get to it right away.
The next major author I've so far neglected that I want to read next will probably be Borges, and I haven't read any nonfiction in quite awhile either . . . and yet you see I just started on my 15th(?) Nabokov instead.

Blake have total faith that you'll be able to read at least four books this year!

Nick Black the proper solution is to allow an n-vector of real numbers taking values on [0,1]. i explained this years ago. half-stars are for children and frenchmen.