Debbie's Reviews > Revenge of the Geek

Revenge of the Geek by Piper Banks

Oct 25, 10

bookshelves: ya, fiction
Read in October, 2010

"Revenge of the Geek" is young adult fiction with a humorous undertone. If, from the book's title, you expect the book to be dominated by a "battle of the brains" feud, that's not this story. It's about lonely teens who lack self-confidence and so feel jealous of what they think other teens have.

Miranda's a realistic but overall nice teenage girl, and her one act of "revenge" turned out to be the right thing to do even if it was initially motivated by the wrong reasons. Miranda's two best friends were quirky, but, overall, the other characters also seemed realistic even though we don't get to know them very well.

The suspense was created mainly by various relationship tensions and wondering how those would turn out. There was a very minor amount of bad language. There was no sex. This novel was the fourth in the series, but you don't need to have read the others to understand this story. Overall, I'd recommend this novel to teen girls as a fun read.

I received this book as a review copy from the publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revenge of the Geek.