Kirsten's Reviews > The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood

The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood by Howard Pyle

Nov 08, 10

This was I genuinely life altering book for me. I read it for a 12th grade book report and I absolutely loved it. This one book sparked a revolution in my reading habits. No longer was I a participant of the young adult genre, devouring books like Harry Potter or The Series of Unfortunate Events(and that's nit to say I don't like them anymore or that I think they're stupid, I still love them), I now belonged to a more scholarly class of literature. A whole new world was opened up for me.

In the beginning of this story, through a course of events, young Robin eventually takes someones life. The story later foes on to narrate that Robin had made a vow never to take another life in vain. I think that this was the cause of Robin's life long sacrifice. I think that he felt guilty for taking something that wasn't his to take and he vowed to make amends by righting any wrong that, to any degree, replicated the injustice he caused. The book doesn't outrightly state any of this, it's just a theory of my own. That, I think, gives Robin some depth, and thats why I love this book. Any book that holds some wider philosophical, ethical or spiritual significance is a great book by me!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood.