Gokce ~Muslin Myst~'s Reviews > Seduce Me at Sunrise

Seduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas

** spoiler alert ** Another wonderfully written book by Lisa Kleypas. The tune of these books is a bit different than the Wallflowers I think, because, for starters, we have two Gypsies who have an altogether different culture, who also happen to have adapted to the English life well. And then there's the Hathaways. They're not the usual English family with their eccentricities. But that only makes you love them more. So, when you put them all together, you get a nice historical series with a different taste. But it's a good different, and I think Lisa Kleypas needs a pat on the back here for not repeating herself with a similar stroyline with slightly different characters. She managed to create a whole different world in her previous one and I think that's why she'll remain as my favourite historical romance author.

Going back to the book itself, this beautifully written one tells the story of Win, the fragile invalid sister, and Kev, the Gypsy boy who was adopted by the family who later came to be one of them.

I'll start with Win. I have to admit she surprised me. In a good way though. From the previous book, she seemed like a mature girl who, in my opinion, acted as a buffer for her older sister Amelia. As opposed to her sister's frantic nature, she was more serene. Perhaps that had to do with the aftereffects of her illness, nevertheless her picture was one of a quite one.

This book had a different tone for the way it was told with the flashbacks and leaps in time. I enjoyed the past moments with Win and Kev, it made me see the basis of their relationship and made me understand both of them better. I was able to see Kev before he was rasped by the Hathaway family, and Win, before the scarlet fever has claimed her strength.

And then there was the two year gap that we jumped, while Win was away in France to get her long awaited treatment and when she came back, she was the same sweet Win, but also very different. I was glad to see she not only got her strength back, but she was also a very determined woman. All the change that happened in her was in good direction. Her efforts to make a life for herself with the man she loved were enviable. I was also glad to see that even though she was repeatedly rejected by Kev, she still had her dignity and determination attached.

Which brings me to our hero. Oh, how I love a tortured man..They are the best ones to fall for, because when they do, it's so intense it makes your heart beat faster and your blood rush.

I think we can divide Kev's life in two, 'before Hathways' and 'after Hathways'. His 'before' is very painful, filled with horrible memories where he's forced to beat and perhaps even kill other children for the entertainment of others. And sorrow, pity or tears are not allowed. He's brought up as an animal and he comes to the Hathaways as a wounded one. A wounded animal is tricky. You should approach with great care but once you gain the trust, I think, there's no coming back.

And the Hathaways earn Kev's trust. His loyalty too. Even though it seems like the biggest reason for him to stay with them is Win's tender heart that he longes to have, it's nice to see that he cared for all of them, parents included. And after all the trauma and hardship the family had gone through, he was a nice steady existence among the Hathaway siblings.

These two, Win and Kev, made me shed tears in the previous book and they sure went on to nudge my heart in this one. Kev had many beautiful words and thoughts, "I love you. I love every part of you, every thought and word..the entire complex, fascinating bundle of all the things you are. I want you with ten different kinds of need at once. I love all the seasons of you, the way you are now, the thought of how much more beatiful you'll be in the decades to come. I love you for being the answer to every question my heart could ask." Just so beautiful..

I enjoyed the brother storyline of Cam and Kev. We had a chance to know, and might I add, adore, Cam more. He fought his way through the hard exterior of his brother and made him openly care for him. Even though it took him only to drink the coffee he despised and to almost die :)

I'm reading and looking forward to the rest of this series with the same intensity as I did with the Wallflowers. And I have to finish with quoting the best part of the book, the last page. The perfect ending to a beautiful book.

"' You are Andrei,' she whispered. It was a name for a warrior. A son of Kev Merripen could be no less. 'Your gadjo name is Jason Cole. And your tribal name..' She paused thoughtfully.

'Jado,' came her husband's drowsy voice from beside her.

Win looked down at Kev and reached out to stroke his thick, dark hair. The lines on his face were gone, and he looked relaxed and content. 'What does that mean?' she asked.

'One who lives outside the Rom.'
'That's perfect.' She let her hand linger in his hair.

'Ov yilo isi?' she asked him gently.

'Yes,' Kev said, answering in English. 'There is heart here.'

And Win smiled as he sat up to kiss her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduce Me at Sunrise.

12/03/2010 page 275
76.0% "I love these two men, Cam and Leo. And here's why. "[..]And Cam discovered that he didn't like to see Merripen being made so vulnerable." And, "'Christ, man,' Leo said huskily. 'If you had the bollocks to die with her, don't you think you could work up the courage to live with her?'" - I could just love them for those moments only!!" 26 comments

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Great review Gokce. I love this book, and ofcourse you know my feelings toward Kev : )

That was also a great quote as well (the Love one) *sigh* so romantic!

Leah Great review, Gokce! I love this book too and I love Cam more and more with every book he's in, LOL.

And one last thing...

WESTCLIFF!!!!! LMAO

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Thanks Suzanne! Hehe, don't I know how you feel? ;D
I know, right? He was such a romantic guy for someone who grew up beating people up. And to think he didn't even think of himself worthy of Win. Stupid man :)

Thanks Leah! I should think so, Cam was just so adorable in this, trying to get to his brother :)

LOL!! Oh dear, this is your signature for every comment now isn't it? :D

Leah LOL. Yeah, poor Kev! I felt so bad for him that he just loved her SO MUCH but he couldn't let himself be with her because he didn't want to hurt her!

Yeah! Cam is utterly adorable! And I love how he just manages the whole family, LOL.

No, not every comment. Just every review of yours! Every time I read a review of yours, I am going to put that. And after you read Tempt Me at Twilight, I might add Harry's name too. MAYBE. LOL ;P

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Silly man! Good thing Win was so insistent ;)

Cam is quite wonderful with managing the Hathaways!! I really adore that family. I thought no group of women could ever come close to the Wallflowers but Hathaways siblings, including Leo, are just so loveable. I think Wallflowers are still my faves but Hathaways are too damn close! :)

LOL. I'll expect them in my review comments! ;D

message 6: by Leah (last edited Dec 07, 2010 07:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Yeah, good thing! But it took Cam and Leo to make him realize he had to have her! Poor Leo having to talk about Laura Dillard D:

Same here. The Hathaways are a damn close second to the Wallflowers. And I love them more and more with every book that I reread.

Count on it, babe! LOL ;P

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ I know, every time poor Leo has to talk about her it reaks my heart. I kinda love his love/hate thing with Marks ;D

Leah LOL! Have you read Tempt Me at Twilight yet? What about Married by Morning? You should see Leo and Cat in MbM! LOL. They are so adorable. And he talks to her about Laura...so. Sad.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Fantastic review, girl!! I ADORE THIS BOOK!!

message 10: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah I told you that you would, Annie. Yeah I did. LOL

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I'm serisouly obsessed with him. I'm reading all reviews about this book. I.Love.Kev.

message 12: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah LOL. I do that after I read a book, too, read all the reviews of my friends.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Sammmmee! I have it next to me...caressing it slowly.

message 14: by Leah (last edited Dec 15, 2010 08:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah LMAO. I understand. I still have Last Sacrifice sitting on my table next to my bed.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Awww, I have it near my bed too!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) LOL, I have Kev near my bed and I am carressing HIM slowly LMAO!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LMAO. May I join? I'll bring the ropes.

message 18: by Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) (last edited Dec 16, 2010 10:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Ofcourse my lover, can you get some chocolate sauce as well, a girls got to eat and I have the perfect place to put it *licks lips* LOL

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yum! I'm already drooling! LOL Got a big appetite today!

message 21: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah I'm coming, too! I'll bring the whipped cream! :D

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) OOOhhh Kev *drools*

Yes, Leah we need you!

message 23: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Of course you do, Annie! It wouldn't be a fantasmic night of debauchery (sp?) without me!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) It wouldn't! But you already know that!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) LOL, very true! No one does debauchery (who the hell knows how to spell that! lol) like you : P

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) The sp lokoks about right, but I don't really know.

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Holy shite! How much I missed in this place!!!! So, since all of you are carressing Kev with chocolate sauce, I WANNA JOIN TOO!!!! Mmm, chocolate Kev ;D

So how's everyone? What did I miss dammit??!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I MISSED YOU GOKCE!! Glad you're back. Btw, you need a stripper name like the rest of us!

And I'd love a chocolate Kev, thank you!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Oh yes Gokce! You definitely need a stripper name! Hmmmm what materials to we have left? Cotton Candy? LOL

Umm chocolate and Kev, my 2 fave things...*daydreams*

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Plastic wrap. I'm kidding. Being encased into platic wrap isn't sexy. trust me. I'd know

OH HOW ABOUT LACE!!!

Me too. I have chocolate...What about Kev?

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) OMG How could we forget lace! Hmmmm, Luscious Lace? Lace Passion? I am out of ideas!

Ummm, well Kev, covered in chocolate ummm, clearly we will need to clean that off, we wouldn't wnt him to be all dirty....

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Hmm, I'll have to think about that. Maybe Gokce's got some ideas!

Kev's always dirty...Mmm.

message 33: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah LMAO, Luscious Lace! We really do need to come up with a stripper name for Gokce! Is lace the only fabric we can think of though?

Tsk, tsk. That Kev. He can never stay clean. Good think he has us to clean him allllll up ;)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Well, there's cotton. And linens, but those aren't sexy. LOL. Until...you're naked lying in them.

message 35: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah LOL, Annie.

Cotton Goddess? LMAO

message 37: by Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) (last edited Dec 19, 2010 04:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Cotton Cuddles? Hessian Hugs? LOL!

message 38: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Suzanne, I think Gokce should be Muslin Myst. Sexy, right?! LOL

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LMAO Cotton Cuddles! LOL!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Muslim Myst! That is a good one! Or if she wants to go more smutty Latex Lover : D

Lol, I thought Cotton Cuddles was good LMAO! It could be for trainee strippers!

message 41: by Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) (last edited Dec 20, 2010 01:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LMAO LOLOLOL!! LATEX LOVER!!! YESSSSSSS!

You come up with the best ones, Suzanne!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) *takes bow* thank you very much! LMAO! I thought of it whilst on the bus this morning, I had to hide my face in my book to stifle the giggles!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) LMAO!! You were thinking on stripper names on the bus today?!! LOL! That's so awesome!

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) I was, I was thinking about latex, as you do, and it just came to me! LOL what else was I supposed to think about hehehe

message 45: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah Hey! You didn't like my stripper name for Gokce, Annie? *tears well up and pour over* Maybe I'll just console myself in the arms of Suzanne!

message 46: by Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) (last edited Dec 20, 2010 03:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) Now now ladies, why don't we all sit down and talk this through? We can all console eachother ; P

message 47: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah I don't think I can. Annie didn't like my stripper name for Gokce. Was it that bad? *looks at Suzanne with watery eyes as fresh tears fall*

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) NOOO I LOVED IT LEAH!! MUSLIN MYST WAS GREAT!! Suzanne just comes up with the most outrageous names, I can't help but laugh at them!

Do you forgive me? *Arms outstretched for a hug*

message 49: by Leah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Leah *Folds arms over chest and continues to cry* I don't know. You'll have to give me more than a hug for me to forgive you. *sniffles*

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) How about a kiss and some finger action!? LOL.

« previous 1 3