Cassie's Reviews > The Darkest Kiss

The Darkest Kiss by Keri Arthur

Oct 27, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, urban-fantasy
Read from October 25 to 27, 2010

As I hoped, this book was much better than the last, though still not devoid of the little writing hiccups. I'm beginning to think that Arthur just can't help herself. There was still repetition of silly things ("I killed a dark god, of course I can kill you" x20), but there was much less of it this time.

My problem with this book was the plot. It didn't make sense. Why would a murderer kill his first victims and then only kidnap the rest? Because one of the rest is important to the main character - sounds like a plot hole to me.

Other than that, I liked it. I like Riley more than I did before. Quinn reappears in this book, and I like him more too because he shows off a little in here. I like Rhoan too, but since Kade is in this book, Riley pairs up with Kade instead of Rhoan. I liked it better when Riley and Rhoan fought together.

One thing that I think is odd about this series is that the werewolves don't use their wolves to fight. It might just be a preconceived notion from reading other books, but I would have thought that the wolf half might be better in some fighting situations. But Riley seems to think that being a wolf would be a weakness. It's weird because, except for tracking, they might as well not even be werewolves.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Kiss.

10/25/2010 page 1