Monica's Reviews > Les Fleurs du Mal

Feb 03, 08

bookshelves: foreign, poetry
Recommended for: poetry lovers
Read in December, 2006

Most of the poems were good. One half of the book was in English, the other half held the exact same poems in French. There were several different books in which the poems were divided: Here is a list of my favorite poems from the book: I Prize the Memory; Guiding Lights; The Sick Muse; The Muse for Hire; Artist Unknown; Gypsies on the Road; Impenitent; Beauty; Giantess; Jewels; The Mask; Hymn to Beauty; You'd Sleep With Anyone; Sed Non Satiata; The Vampire; The Cat; Duellum; The Balcony; What Will You Say Tonight; Against Her Levity; Confession; Overcast; Cat; The Fine Ship; Invitation to the Voyage; The Irreparable; Conversation (One Side); Autumnal; Song for Late in the Day; To a Creole Lady; Moesta et Errabunda; Incubus; Autumn Sonnet; Sorrows of the Moon; Cats; Owls; Music; Burial; A Fantastic Engraving; The Happy Corpse; Spleen (I); Spleen (II); Spleen (III); Spleen (IV); Obsession; Alchemy of Suffering; Heauton Timoroumenos; The Irremediable; Parisian Landscape; The Sun; To a Red-Haired Beggar Girl; The Swan; The Seven Old Men; Blind Men; In Passing; Skeleton Crew; Twilight: Evening; Gamblers; Dance of Death; I Have Not Forgotten; You Used to be Jealous; Mists and Rains; Parisian Dream; Twilight: Daybreak; The Soul of the Wine; A Murderer's Wine; Destruction; A Martyr; Damned Women; Damned Women; The Fountain of Blood; Allegory; Metamorphoses of the Vampire; A Strange Man's Dreams; Berthe: Her Eyes; Hymn; The Unforseen; A Long Way From Here; Scrutiny at Midnight; Sad Madrigal; The Abyss; Icarus Laments; The Offended Moon; Epigraph for a Banned Book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Les Fleurs du Mal.